JD Group Profile
JD Group Limited is highly recognized as a retailer that specializes in the best kinds of products, ranging from a variety of furniture, appliances, and all sorts of products that provides wholesome entertainment for their users. Within South Africa itself, JD Group already has a total of six retail chains under its belt. Some of the brands that have been established by the group include Giddys Electric Express, Russells, Bradlows, Price ‘N Pride, and Joshua Doore. On top of giving out products to its buyers, JD Group also extends its business by providing financial-related services.
What makes JD Group an appealing business is not just their products, but their valuable prices as well. By examining the main demographics of their users, JD Group is able to create a range of products that meets their users’s needs and demands. In the name of creating a lifestyle that is both comfortable and ergonomic for their loyal customers. By constantly coming up with creative solutions to promote their business, JD Group is ahead of its game.
About JD Group Bursaries 2020
The JD Group is providing bursaries for 1st-2nds year undergraduate students who would like financial help and are interested in the retail line of work. This bursary programme is held by the JD Group Birthing Talent Strategy, an establishment that dedicates themselves to provide any form of assistance to local young individuals. With the number of initiatives held by the establishment, one of them is this wonderful bursary programme. On top of receiving a generous sum of funding that will ease their pursuit of education, the JD Group Bursaries allows for the grantees to gain coaching and work-related experience. For further information, you may read more on the Official JD Group Website.
JD Group Bursary Requirements
The JD Group Bursary Programme is extending its arms towards undergraduate students who are currently pursuing either a Bachelor degree or a National Diploma. On top of that, applicants must also be attaining their education in any of these following courses below:
- Retail Management
- Marketing / Merchandising
- Human Resources Management
- Risk Management
- Buying Planning
- Project Management
- Information Management
- Property Management.
As part of the requirements, all interested applicants must also be able to maintain an academic track of at least 60% for all of their subjects. However, academic track records are not just your determining factors. Candidates must also uphold the core values that come with the company, including:
- Being a part of the JD Group.
Find out more about this wonderful company at the Official JD Group Website.
How to Apply JD Group Bursary 2020
If you have all of the requirements ticked off, it’s time to begin with your applications! First off, candidates must figure out the availability status of the bursary programme through JD Group’s Career Search Portal. After checking that the bursary programme is accepting applications at the moment, you may directly apply for the bursary on the same portal. On top of submitting in your application forms online, candidates will also have to compile all of the necessary documents that are asked of the programme, which includes:
- A letter of motivation: a maximum of 200 words entailing how you have contributed greatly to your local society. Your letter of motivation must also have a list of a minimum of three referees that may be contacted by the committee to check the validity of your motivational letter
- A letter of testimony from any one of the references
- A valid copy of your most recent Curriculum Vitae
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- A valid copy of your Academic Result Slips.
To get a gist of the selection process, here’s a general outline of how applications will be taken in:
- Step #01: Applicants who have passed the administrative selection will be asked to participate in a screening interview
- Step #02: Applicants will be asked to take part in an exercise that will examine their skills through a role-play case study
- Step #03: Shortlisted applicants will be asked to have an interview with anyone of the chosen stakeholders of the company
- Step #04: Applicants will be asked to finish an assessment that will test their leadership abilities
- Step #05: Successful applicants will be asked to sign an agreement that comes with the bursary programme.
At the moment, JD Group is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to different demographic groups. Under their roles as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the JD Group will be seeking out for individuals who come from underprivileged groups. Therefore, if you heavily require financial assistance to further pursue your studies, this bursary programme is the right one for you. You’ll get all of the help you need to achieve your dreams.
JD Group Contact Address
6 Eastern Service Road, Marlboro, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa
Mail Address: –
Tel: +27 11 408 0408
Email: [email protected]
Source: JD Group; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: jdgroup.co.za.