The Hexagon Trust Profile
The Hexagon Trust is an establishment that provides bursaries towards students who required immediate financial assistance. Since their formation in 1987, the trust ensures that university students receive the funds they need to continue their passion for learning. The trust has had humble beginnings with a few number of bursary grantees. However, over the years, the Hexagon Trust is receiving more and more applications from motivated learners who wish to achieve their ambitions.
Under the trust itself, more than 1500 students have been granted a bursary. Unlike loans, bursaries that are offered by the Hexagon Trust do not have to be repaid by awardees. Therefore, awardees only need to focus on their education without any additional financial burden.
About The Hexagon Trust Bursaries 2021-2022
The Hexagon Trust is offering generous bursaries at the moment to talented, academic driven students originating from different underprivileged backgrounds. The Hexagon Trust Bursaries is founded by the establishment itself. As a non-profit NGO, this initiative is specifically conceptualized to help students from financially disadvantaged communities.
Provided that you possess a strong academic track record, and possess impressive leadership qualities, the Hexagon Trust Bursaries is the perfect opportunity for you. If you are currently a final year student in school and planning to advance your education in university or college, you are more than encouraged to give this bursary programme a shot.
At the moment, the Hexagon Trust Bursaries are offered to 1st-4th year tertiary students who are recognized as legitimate citizens of South Africa. Moreover, the Hexagon Trust Bursaries are offered for these following study courses below:
- Commerce Fields
The Hexagon Trust Bursary Requirements
The Hexagon Trust Bursary is only awarded to well-deserving students who greatly need the financial assistance. The selection committee will be assessing all incoming candidates based on a set of eligibility criteria. From here, the committee will evaluate candidates fairly and equally. Failure to meet all of the programme’s requirements might cause you to lose your chances of success. Kindly pay attention to the eligibility criteria below.
The Hexagon Trust Bursary Requirements are:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Accepted in an accredited tertiary institution
- Shows the need for financial assistance
- At least 18 years old at the time of application
- Has a strong academic track record
- Displays an average aggregate score of at least “C”
- Passionate about making positive contributions to their communities
- Currently a 1st-4th year tertiary student
- Be prepared to participate in all community service activities before and after the bursary programme
- Willing to be a part of the Hexagon Students Alumni Association upon acceptance
- Shows passion in developing their skills
- Prioritizes self-growth.
How to Apply The Hexagon Trust Bursary 2021-2022
The Hexagon Trust Bursary only accepts online applications. You will need to access the Hexagon Trust Bursary Student Portal. Candidates will need to create an account beforehand. This account will store all your personal information and supporting documents for your registration. Once you have logged in with your account, you may proceed to fill in the application form. After the form has been submitted, candidates will be updated of the registration progress via e-mail and through the portal. It is important that candidates regularly check these two platforms to see if there is any announcements.
Interested candidates of the Hexagon Trust Bursary must prepare an application dossier to register. The dossier should include these following items:
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- A valid copy of your examination results from June
- A valid, certified copy of your final results (once available)
- Your most updated passport-sized photo
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (highlighting your family background, academic career, and plans for your future development)
- Valid income statement (e.g. parents’ salary, statement of parents’ unemployment)
- A valid letter of acceptance issued by an accredited tertiary institution
- A letter of recommendation issued by your school principal.
Documents should be uploaded in these following formats: jpg,jpeg,png,doc,docx,pdf,rtf. All files should be 5MB or less. As previously stated, all documents must be certified and issued legally.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend a panel interview held by the selection committee. Only afterwards will the committee make their final decisions.
Please make sure that all the information you provide are accurate and based on your current conditions. Candidates discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will automatically be disqualified from the registration process. Similarly, your dossier must be complete without any missing documents. Failure to provide everything that is required by the committee will get you disregarded as well.
The Hexagon Trust Contact Address
The Hexagon Trust
115 Musgrave Ave Suite 914, 9th Floor, Musgrave Office Towers, Musgrave, Durban, 4062, South Africa
Mail Address: –
Tel: +27 31 201 3337
Email: [email protected]
Source: The Hexagon Trust; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: hexagontrust.org.