About Illovo Sugar SA (PTY) LTD
Do you love your sugar? Then meet one of the world’s leading producers in the sugar industry – Illovo Sugar South Africa. Owned by the Associated British Foods, Illovo is the company behind Africa’s sugar products. Not only does the company produce sugar in their agricultural operations, but they also process them in their manufacturing units as well. As of today, Illovo Sugar is based in several African-based countries, from South Africa to Tanzania.
While the company takes pride in producing and manufacturing low-cast sugar products that can be purchased by everyone, Illovo also believes in the importance of quality as well. This is done by constantly assessing and conducting quality control over its main products, such as sugar, fibre, and molasses.
It is no question that Illovo strives to develop the company and promote both internal and external economic growth by recognizing what their stakeholders are interested in, just like any other company. However, Illovo also understands the importance of acknowledging what their customers want. Thus, through a work ethic that integrates social and environmental performance, Illovo aims for a balanced economic development.
Illovo Bursary Programme
Illovo Sugar South Africa is currently offering bursaries for young university students who are currently in need of financial assistance, especially South African students. These bursaries will be used to cover the expenses of the students’ undergraduate studies. There are several undergraduate degree programmes that this bursary caters to, each with their own amount of slots, which include:
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy and Light Current) for 4 students
- Mechanical Engineering for 3 students
- Chemical Engineering for 1 student
- Industrial Engineering for 1 student
- Agriculture for 1 student.
The Illovo Bursary programme will provide all grantees with funding the will be used to pay off their academic-related fees, such as admission fees, tuition, meals, accommodation, and etc. However, the bursary is strictly disallowed to be used to pay off loans or debts.
Illovo Bursary Requirements
There are several pre-requisite items that need to be passed by all Illovo Bursary candidates. Each criteria is equally important – failure to meet all of these qualifications may result you in being dismissed from the bursary programme. If you would like to see more details about what the company entails, check out their website. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Holds a valid South African identity
- Currently in the final year of school and has proven remarkable results in key subjects that are relevant to the business operations of Illovo
- Planning to enroll for a second year in University/University of Technology
- Current students at University/Technikon
- Will be prepared to attend a training course at Illovo
- Selected grantees must be able to work at Illovo during vacation periods
- Students originating from communities around the place of Illovo operations will be prioritized.
*Important Note: Technikon students will be provided funding to complete their in-service training, so long as they plan to pursue and finish their Bachelor’s Degree in Technology.
How to Apply Illovo Bursary Programme
If you have met all of the criteria, it’s time to register for the Illovo Bursary programme! Simply access the Illovo Bursary Application Form by downloading the soft copy by clicking this link. When you have downloaded the application form file, please read these following instructions clearly to ensure a smooth and efficient application procedure:
- Before filling out the application form, please read it clearly
- Fill in the inquiries in BLOCK LETTERS
- Attach the following required documents:
- Your legitimate copy of your South African identification
- Your legitimate copy of a Matric senior certificate
- Your legitimate copy of you latest academic transcript (with an official letterhead).
- Check whether everything has been filled in
- Have your application forms signed off
- Once you are done, submit your application forms and documents via email to [email protected] Any faxed application forms will not be accepted.
Any applications sent after the deadline will not be acknowledge. Before your submit your applications, please make sure that all information provided is correct. Should the committee find out that you have provided incorrect personal information, you will risk the chance of having your application disqualified.
Announcements for the Illovo Bursary will be given out 2 weeks after the closing date. Only selected candidates will be announced, so to all candidates that have not been notified during the announcement time period, we regret to inform you that your application has been dismissed.
But don’t let that discourage you! There are plentiful of opportunities provided by Illovo besides bursary programmes. If you’re still interested to pursue a prospective career at Illovo, you can take a peek at the official Illovo website. If you’d like to do a little survey on what available jobs are offered by Illovo, you can check it out at the Illovo Career Page.
Or better yet, if you’d like instant updates, you can always sign up for the Illovo Job Notifications feature. All you have to do is register your email to the Illovo Alert Me feature.
Physical address: 1 Nokwe Avenue, Ridgeside, Umhlanga Rocks, Durban
Postal Address: Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd, PO Box 194, Durban, 400