SANRAL (South African National Roads Agency Limited) Profile
The South African National Roads Agency Limited, or commonly referred to as SANRAL, is a construction firm that has contributed to most of the nation’s toll roads. Based in Pretoria, Gauteng, the establishment does not just build these roads, but they also bear the responsibility of maintaining them.
Thanks to their efforts, SANRAL know plays a crucial role in the management of the National Road network, an extensive road system that comprises of national, provincial, and regional roads. With a total of 5,000 employees, SANRAL strives to provide the ultimate travel experience with their develop road network. With the support of the South African government, SANRAL is here create better infrastructures and satisfy the nation’s citizens.
About SANRAL (South African National Roads Agency Limited) Scholarships 2021-2022
The South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL) is providing a number of scholarships for individuals displaying strong academic potential and talents. The SANRAL Scholarships is designed to support students by providing coverage for most of their financial matters. Not only do candidates need to show remarkable achievements in their studies, they must also possess impressive leadership qualities as well. If a scholarship is what you have been looking for, this opportunity might just be the one for you.
The SANRAL Scholarships are offered for students of these South African Universities (with an accredited Engineering Faculty):
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Kwazulu-natal
- University of Johannesburg
- Monash South Africa
- University of Cape Town
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of Pretoria
- North-west University
As a recipient of the SANRAL Scholarships, you will be entitled to multiple benefits. These include coverage for school expenses (including available boarding fees), prescribed study materials, both a summer and winter uniform, a sports uniform, and the chance to participate in a gala luncheon or dinner.
Please be advised that the SANRAL Scholarships does not provided coverage for daily transporation expenses, tablets, iPads, cellphones, and laptops. Additionally, the scholarship does not cover the recipients’ parents travel expenses and accommodation costs.
SANRAL (South African National Roads Agency Limited) Scholarship Requirements
The SANRAL Scholarships is a favorable opportunity amongst many South African youths. Sadly, due to its overwhelming popularity, only a number of candidates can receive this scholarship. In order to qualify for the scholarship, candidates are expected to provide a stunning academic track record. From here on, the selection committee can assess you on a fair basis. On top of that, there are a few considerations that the committee will be taking as well.
The SANRAL Scholarship Requirements are as follows:
- Has an academic track record with these scores below:
- English: 65% or more
- Math: 70-75% or more
- Physical: 70-75% or more
- Overall average score: 75% or more
- Displays urgent need for financial assistance
- Preference will be offered to applicants who are studying in rural schools.
How to Apply SANRAL (South African National Roads Agency Limited) Scholarship 2021-2022
The SANRAL Scholarships has its own timetable that interested candidates can follow. Every year, the registration procedure is carried out in the listed duration below:
- July: The scholarship is open for applications
- September: The scholarship application closes on 30 September
- October: The selection committee will begin shortlisting candidates
- December–January: The selection committee makes their final decision based on the candidate’s recent examination results.
If you are keen on registering for the SANRAL Scholarship, please download the Official Application Form. Fill in all of the queries with the necessary, correct information. Candidates found to be providing false information will automatically be revoked of their registration rights.
Additionally, candidates must send in these supporting documents below:
Valid copies of your:
- June school results
- South African Identity Document/Birth Certificate
- Parents’ Identity Documents.
Letters of motivation written by:
- Yourself as a candidate (maximum 2 pages) explaining why you deserve to be a SANRAL Scholarship recipient
- Your parents
- Your school (including a support letter as well).
Proof of residence:
- Household income or sworn affidavit (depending on your parents’ working situation – if they are working in an informal sector/self-employed//work from home, please send in an affidavit)
- The water and electricity bill paid by your parents or guardians (issued by the local council).
Once your application dossiers are all set up, please have them sent by e-mail to this contact person:
Ms Heidi A. Harper
GM Skills Development
C/O Gcina Sentletse
- Only students of South African citizenship are allowed to register
- Applications dossiers must be complete without any missing documents – and incomplete applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee
- Likewise, late applications will not be accepted by the selection committee as well
- All provided information must be updated and provided in full
- As per SANRAL’s Scholarship Policy’s requirements, the scholarship will only be given out considering the candidate’s academic capabilities and need for urgent financial assistance
- As for the final decision, the selection committee may consider other aspects before awarding the scholarship
- SANRAL holds all rights to retrieve back any scholarship should the awardee fail to comply to their terms and conditions.
- Awardees discovered to be misrepresenting any information or retrieving any forms of financial assistance from other schemes will immediately have the SANROL Scholarships revoked from them
- All decisions made by the selection committee are final and are non-negotiable.
SANRAL (South African National Roads Agency Limited) Contact Address
SANRAL Corporate Office
48 Tambotie Avenue, Val de Grace, Pretoria, 0184
P.O. Box 415, Pretoria, 0001
Tel: +27 12 844 8000
Fax: +27 12 844 8200
Source: SANRAL (South African National Roads Agency Limited); Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: nra.co.za.