Services SETA Profile
Services SETA is an establishment that has been founded on the premises of improving the economic sector South Africa. In order to do this, SETA holds the task of disbursing training levies which are held by the establishments’ respective employers. As one of the many available SETAs in the nation, SETA ensures that there are able to facilitate both employes and future employees with the proper skill requirements in order to make it into the working world. Such facilities are given out to both individuals who are employed and unemployed, and both undergraduate and graduate students. So long as these interested individuals are officially recognized as South African citizens, they are allowed to join any SETA-related programme, provided they are able to prove their citizenship with the appropriate Identity Documents.
About Services SETA Bursaries 2020
Services SETA is currently offering bursary schemes to academically talented students who require the necessary skills development training to succeed in the working world. With the intention of exposing locals with an abundance of educational training programmes that are most apparent in the services industry. The purpose of holding these bursary schemes is to ensure that individuals will be provided with the necessary financial funding that will encourage to develop themselves as they face the world of employment in the future and become contributors to the nation’s economic growth.
Grantees of the bursary programme will be entitled to either a partial or full financial scheme. The funding can then be used to cover any student-related expenses, which usually consists of tuition expenses, prescribed study materials, accommodation, meals, and any applicable transportation costs. Furthermore, this bursary programme is available for both students coming from either undergraduate or postgraduate studies (with certain existing terms and conditions applied).
The Services SETA Bursaries are offered to candidates who are pursuing any of these listed courses below:
- Entrepreneurship and or SMME development
- Real Estate & Property Development
- Actuarial Science
- Project Management
- Social Sciences
- Human Resources
- Dermatology & related
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Media & Communications
- Business Management/Administration
- Web and multimedia developers
- Waste Management Cleaning
- Medical scientist
- Cosmetic developments
Check out for more information at the Official Services SETA Website.
Services SETA Bursary Requirements
Registering for the Services SETA Bursary is simple. However, the are a few requirements that need to be obliged in order to be eligible enough to join this programme. The SETA Bursary extends its arms to any student who required financial assistance as a means to pursue their education and dreams. In order to prove that you deserve such a bursary scheme, please make sure you have all of these items below ticked off before you begin with your applications. For further details, you can always read more at the Official Services SETA Website.
The Services SETA Bursary Requirements are as mentioned below:
- Can either be employed or unemployed individual
- Must be within the ages of 18 – 35 years old
- Pursuing their students in any University of Technology, public TVET College, or University
- Able to prove their academic potential with an average score of 50%
- Make sure that your course is catered by the Services SETA Bursary
- Does not come from a private educational institution
- Valid citizen of South Africa proven with an official Identity Document
- For current Services Seta Bursary grantees: you do not have to re-apply for the programme
- The amount of financial funding will be determined by the committee after your application has received approval
- All financial funding will be transferred immediately to your desired institution directly.
How to Apply Services SETA Bursary 2020
Now that you have all of your requirements set, it’s time to apply for the Services SETA Bursary. To start off, all incoming candidates must process their applications directly on the Services SETA Bursary Registration Website. However, before you start registering for the bursary programme, there are several key points that need to be acknowledged to ensure that your application procedure goes smoothly as planned:
- Have your university/higher institution letter of acceptance ready for submission as you are approaching the deadline of the applications
- Besides acceptance letters (which are only required from first-year students), any other student who come from a higher study level must be able to submit in their most recent academic transcripts
- All submitted applications must be completed with correct and precise personal information. Additionally, of your supporting documents must be attached as well in order for your application to be acknowledged by the committee
- Applications for the bursary scheme must be submitted way before the closing date. Any other late applications sent past the deadline will automatically be disqualified
- Likewise, applications must only be processed online.
Please be kindly informed that due to the high demand of the bursary scheme, there may be a possibility of several changes to the programme’s terms and conditions.
Services SETA Contact Address
15 Sherborne Rd, Parktown, Johannesburg, 2193, South Africa
Mail Address: –
Tel: +27 11 276 9600
Fax: +27 11 276 9623
Email: [email protected]
Source: Services SETA; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: servicesseta.org.za.