What is the difference between a Bursary and a Scholarship?
There are several questions regarding the difference between a bursary and a scholarship. While there are several definitions that embodies both terms, to put it in simpler term, both a scholarship and bursary are financial awards that are granted to well-deserving students. The only difference is that while scholarships are awarded purely on the basis of academic or sporting merit, a bursary is given out mainly to students who are in dire need of financial assistance to pursue their educational studies.
Fasken is an establishment that has been taking the country by storm for more than a century. Starting of in the city of Grahamstown, it was not long until the 1886 when Fasken decided to move its operations to the city of Joburg. This move in particular was a game-changer. By having Fasken set up in Joburg, the establishment has been able to delve deeper into the industry by tackling on the challenges arriving from multiple sectors, namely infrastructure, mining, finance, healthcare, energy, and technology.
With their offices specifically located in Sandton, where the Johannesburg Stock Exchange is flourishing with excellence and it is home to the nation’s countless investment banks, Fasken has been fortunate enough to create new partnerships with multiple international networks. In order to achieve their goals, Fasken is no stranger to working together with their partners of all nationalities. At the moment, Fasken has been able to communicate and serve their clients through English, French, and additionally, the official languages of the nation.
About Fasken – Law Scholarships 2020
Fasken is not just an profit-minded corporation – it is an establishment that supports South African university youths by offering the Fasken Law Scholarships. This scholarship is given out on a full time basis, specifically for students who are planning to take up the penultimate year in the law school of their choice. As mentioned beforehand, this scholarship is granted for students on the basis of either academic or sporting achievements. Therefore, if you display the academic potential that fits the criteria of this scholarship, then this opportunity is definitely tailor made for you. Read more about the scholarship through the Official Fasken Website.
Fasken – Law Scholarship Requirements
To apply for the Fasken Law Scholarship, it is crucial that all incoming candidates are able to meet the eligibility criteria that has been standardized by the company. With each of these items below, they will determine whether you are qualified enough to receive this generous opportunity. Candidates must ensure that they have all of the things below ticked off. Failure to do so may result in automatic disqualification from the programme. For further information about the programme, take a look at the Official Fasken Website.
The Fasken Law Scholarship Requirements are as follows:
- Must be pursuing their studies either as an undergraduate LLB student or postgraduate LLB student
- Be able to provide proof of registration in their penultimate year of law school
- Maintains an astounding academic track record with at least a 68% average score during their entire years of university
- Make time for the vacation work programmes which are obligatory to the scholarship
- Candidates are to either be in their penultimate or final year of their educational studies
- Students who are able to prove that they require financial assistance will be acknowledged
- Must display wonderful academic potential that allows them to be a great contribution to the Fasken attorneys. This can be proven through the candidates’ qualities, which may include but are not limited to leadership skills, volunteerism, and a high level of self-motivation.
- The scholarship is able to last throughout the entire duration of the grantees’ studies. However, this can only be achieved should the selected grantee not fail any of their subjects during their time in university
- Upon graduation from university, all scholarship awardees must accept any clerkship articles that are issued by the firm. If they choose to accept any clerkship articles from another external firm, they are required to pay a refund of the total scholarship back to the establishment.
How to Apply Fasken – Law Scholarship 2020
Now that you have your requirements all ticked off, it’s time to start on your applications. First, all interested applicants must visit the Fasken E-Recruitment Website to see whether the scholarship is available at the time of search. If it is currently accepting applications, you may directly apply for the scholarship at the same E-Recruitment Website. However, if the scholarship is closed at the moment, don’t get your hopes down just yet. You may come back to the E-Recruitment Website any time in the future to check for any new openings. Should you come across any trouble with your application procedure do not hesitate to directly reach out to the establishment through the contact information provided below.
Fasken Contact Address
54 Wierda Road West
Mail Address: –
Tel: +27 11 586 6000
Fax: +27 11 586 6104/5
Email: [email protected]
Source: Fasken; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: fasken.com.