NDMC (National Disaster Management Centre) Profile
The NDMC, which is short for the National Disaster Management Centre, is an establishment that was formed, supervised, and coordinated by the people who have been responsible in the highly-intense area of Disaster Management. This establishment has been key in ensuring that the entire nation is able to protect themselves from any imminent dangers that may come in the future. Either on a National, Provincial or Municipal scale of the country, the NDMC doesn’t just focus on major metropolis, but also local communities as well. The NDMC helps to promote a sense of awareness in this issue, so that everyone in the country, no matter which group you originate from, is able to take preventive measures should a national emergency come at some point.
About NDMC (National Disaster Management Centre) – Disaster Management Bursaries 2020-2021
The National Disaster Management Centre is providing educational bursaries to young, South African students who wish to pursue the area of Disaster Management. This external bursary programme is intended for individuals who are qualified enough to partake in this field. Selected students who aspire to attain education in Disaster Risk Science and Management will be entitled to a series of generous funding that will allow them to better pursue their studies without any financial burdens looming around them.
NDMC (National Disaster Management Centre) – Disaster Management Bursary Requirements
In order to register for the National Disaster Management Centre Bursary, there is a list of eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by the candidate beforehand. This criteria is utilized by the committee to fully seek out those who truly require the bursary programme in order to continue their studies. Therefore, should you wish to attain this bursary, all candidates are encouraged to have all of these items below met.
The National Disaster Management Centre Bursary Requirements are as follows:
- The bursary places priority on individuals originating from disadvantaged groups, provided with valid proof
- Must be able to provide proof of enrollment in an accredited South African tertiary institution
- Must be officially recognized as a student pursuing Disaster Risk Science and Management at a public tertiary institution
- Able to provide proof that they heavily require financial assistance
- Displays outstanding academic potential and talents.
How to Apply NDMC (National Disaster Management Centre) – Disaster Management Bursary 2020-2021
Now that you have all of the National Disaster Management Centre Bursary requirements ticked off, you can now proceed to check the bursary’s status at the NDMC Careers Page. Take a look at the page to see if the bursary is currently accepting applications. If it’s closed at the moment, don’t get down just yet. Just simply come back any time in the future to check for opening updates. However, if it is open now, you can immediately download the Official Application Form to get started with your application procedure.
After filling in your application form with complete, accurate information, candidates are also obliged to attach several important documents onto their application dossier. These documents are as listed below:
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae
- An elaborate letter of motivation
- Your National Senior Certificate, with an average score aggregate of at least 60% or more
- For tertiary institution students, must have maintained an average score aggregate of at least 60% or more, prove by valid academic transcripts
- Valid proof of acceptance into an accredited South African tertiary institution
- Valid copy of your South African ID
- Valid proof of residency
- Valid proof of your parents’/guardians’ household income.
Once you are done compiling documents for your applciation dossier, please have them sent in through Postal Carriage at this provided address: The Senior Manager Disaster Risk Management, Education, Training Awareness and Research, Private Bag X 804, Pretoria 0001.
Please be kindly informed that the NDMC holds all rights to determine how many bursaries will be awarded at the time of academic year. Furthermore, all selected awardees must enter a contract directly with NDMC, which entails all of the terms and conditions that comes with their bursaries.
Should you have any further enquiries or concerns, you can address them directly to any of these contact information below:
- Ms. M Macheli: DRMETAR on (012) 848 4614 or by Email at [email protected]
- Ms Lekalakala by on +27 12 848 4616 or by Email at [email protected]
NDMC Contact Address
Riverside Office Park
Letaba Building, 2nd Floor
1303 Heuwel Avenue
Private Bag X804
Tel: +27 12 848 4601/2
Email: [email protected]
Source: NDMC; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: ndmc.gov.za.