AEL (African Explosives Limited) Profile
The African Explosives Limited, commonly shortened to AEL, is an establishment that was created when gold was first discovered on Witwatersrand grounds. Having started at Modderfontein in they year 1896, AEL has since then developed themselves into the AEL Mining Services. At the moment, AEL Mining Services is conducting their main operations in the city of Joburg. With the aim of manufacturing explosives of the highest grade, AEL has been sought after by most mining and construction companies – not just in South Africa, but throughout the entire African continent as well. With the partnership of the AECI Group, one of South Africa’s most leading chemical companies, AEL has expanded their facilities to several counties including Tanzania, Botswana, Ghana, Zambia, Mali, Zimbabwe, and Ethiopia. With profits constantly on the rise, AEL is officially recognized on the Lusaka Stock Exchange in Zambia.
About AEL (African Explosives Limited) – Mining Engineering Bursaries 2020-2021
African Explosives Limited is offering Mining Engineering Bursaries to talented, high-ranking students who wish to be a part of the company in the future. The bursaries are specifically allocated for students who are attaining either a National Diploma in Mining Engineering, or a Bachelor of Technology in Mining Engineering. To be a part of this bursary, candidates must have show proof that they have finished their freshman year of studies (first year.) On top of becoming a grantee of the bursary, selected students must also partake in an in-service training located at the Goldfields Academy.
AEL (African Explosives Limited) – Mining Engineering Bursary Requirements
Applications for the AEL Mining Engineering Bursary will only be considered if candidates are able to comply to the strict eligibility criteria that has been standardized by the committee. Each of these items will determine whether a candidate stands a chance for the bursary or not. Therefore, it is extremely advisable for everyone interested in this bursary to meet the qualifications below:
The AEL Mining Engineering Bursary Requirements are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa
- Currently a full-time National Diploma student specializing in Mining Engineering
- Studying in an accredited educational insitution
- Be able to provide their most recent and current academic transcripts issued by their respective educational institutions
- Maintain an average aggregate score of 60% during the first year of their academic studies
How to Apply AEL (African Explosives Limited) – Mining Engineering Bursary 2020-2021
Now that you have all of the requirements ticked off, it’s time to begin your AEL Mining Engineering Bursary applications. To get started, all candidates must confirm the availability status of the bursary by accessing the AEL E-Recruit Portal. If the bursary is not open at the time of search, don’t get your hopes down just yet – you can always come back anytime in the future to check back for updates. However, if it’s currently accepting applications, be sure to follow the instructions below to proceed:
- The application phase will only be open between September-November on a yearly basis
- Send in an e-mail of your application, complete with a cover letter, to this address: [email protected]
- Before submitting, please make sure that all of the information you have provided is accurate and your have met all of the qualifications above
- Announcement will be directly made by a representative from AEL, and it will only be made towards students who have been selected for the programme.
Should you encounter any troubles with your application procedure, or if you have any general questions you would like to ask in regard to the AEL Mining Engineering Bursary, don’t hesitate in your enquiries to [email protected]
AEL Contact Address
Longmeadow Business Estate, 1 Platinum Dr, Modderfontein, Johannesburg, 1645, South Africa
Mail Address: –
Tel: +27 11 606 0000
Source: AEL; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: aelworld.com.