CHIETA Bursaries 2018, A Bursary Opportunity for Passionate South African Chemists
Since its establishment on 1998, The Chemical Industries Education & Training Authority (CHIETA) has continued its effort to improve on its chemical training qualities through many ways. In order to grow further as a world-class chemist education provider, CHIETA has recently held a bursary programme to fund South African-based young chemistry enthusiasts.
To make bursary funding processes easier, CHIETA partnered with several accredited South African universities to distribute financial supports for the already-registered student in selected fields. The following points explain further on CHIETA’s bursary information for the year of 2018.
CHIETA’s Bursary Funding Schemes and Requirements
CHIETA will provide tuition fee supports for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students for a maximum of R45 000.00 and R60 000.00 respectively. Any excess amounts will go towards the bursary recipients’ book and other related costs. In order to get such financial supports, prospective recipients of CHIETA’s bursary funds should meet these following requirements:
- Be a citizen of South Africa
- Be around 16-35 years old at times of applying for bursary programme
- Possess strong mathematical and physical science backgrounds (determined through either Matric or Grade 12 results)
- Enter one of CHIETA’s partner universities for at least 1 semester and pass all of the subjects taken in previous semester(s)
- Not hold any other scholarships, bursaries, or any similar forms of financial supports aside from CHIETA’s bursary scheme.
Only by meeting those aforementioned qualifications that an applicant can be considered. Along with their downloaded CHIETA bursary application forms, they should also attach these following documents:
- Certified copy of ID Card
- Certified copy of all previously-obtained educational qualification results
- Certified university approval proof should also be attached prior to signing the bursary’s contracts
How to Apply for CHIETA’s Bursary Funds
Before applying, every candidate should download CHIETA’s bursary application forms through CHIETA’s official website portal. Alternatively, they can send email to [email protected] or post their downloaded application form along with all supporting documents offline to Mahlatse Xinzi (Strategic Project and WIL Specialist CHIETA Department) at 2 Clamart Road, Richmond, Johannesburg, 2092.
CHIETA’s Bursary Opening and Closing Deadlines for 2018
CHIETA gives out bursary supports every year. For the most updated opening and closing deadlines, please visit CHIETA’s discretionary grants’ main page and go to the “CHIETA Bursary Programme 2018 / 2019 Application Form” part.
CHIETA’s Bursary Contacts
Mahlatse Xinzi and Princess Moumakoe are available for further questions regarding CHIETA’s bursary via phone calls at 0116287000.
xxx Contact Address
Source: CHIETA; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: chieta.org.za.