Dear All Mining Enthusiasts, Check Out This Anglo American Bursaries Programme Opportunity In 2018
Anglo American is a world-class South African-based company that was found at Johannesburg in 1917. Since then, this pioneering coal mining company have been using the latest technologies and highly creative-minded workforces to create and sustain groundbreaking innovations in mining industries to make differences in both of South African’s citizens and community lives.
Anglo American continually works with important people groups to further strengthen its time-tested values through different ways. Recently, Anglo American pledged a bursary programme for future South African students who want to study selected engineering programmes in any science-based university to further enhance Anglo American’s empowering capacities.
Anglo American’s Bursary Programme’s Funding Schemes and Requirements
Anglo American’s bursary programme will fund any future students living near the company and wishing to undertake Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mining Engineering, or Rock Engineering programme in South African’s science-based universities. The funding components are noted as below:
- Both of the university’s tuition fees and meal costs will be paid in full amount
- Cash disbursed for students to buy books
- Computer-related costs will be paid in the second academic year
- Monthly living allowances
- Funded costs for students’ accommodations
Bursary recipients will also get regular follow-ups from Anglo American’s bursary team, in which are all supporting and encouraging bursary recipients’ personal and professional growths. There will be mentor and coach sessions as well for uplifting students’ confidences in dealing with university-related issues. In the end, bursary recipients will receive a professional recognition as well as obligation to work for either one of Anglo American’s business departments.
To get all of those aforementioned bursary programme’s schemes, interested candidates should satisfy these following two criteria:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Maintain a consistently-outstanding result in Grade 11 and Grade 12’s transcripts, with a minimum score of Level 5 (or 60% if using 100% scales) proficiency in Mathematics and Physical Sciences (Special Note: Mathematics is different from Maths Literacy. Hence, this should be considered carefully by all applicants before applying).
How to Apply for Anglo American’s Bursary Programme
The entire document submission processes in Anglo American’s bursary programme applications are done online by firstly heading to the Anglo American’s main site. Further steps on the firstly-shortlisted candidates are done in chronological order as noted below:
- Interview sessions to know more about candidates’ social skills.
- Psychometric tests to determine the compatibility with each candidate’s preferred field of study.
- Company visit to South African’s mine industries.
- Final one-on-one interview sessions with the senior manager.
Anglo American’s Bursary Programme’s Opening and Closing Dates for the Year of 2018
Anglo American’s bursary programme is usually open before June each year. Nonetheless, visit Anglo American’s main bursary page for more updated information on its opening and closing deadlines per 2018.
Anglo American’s Bursary Programme-Related Contacts
Drop tweets on Anglo American’s bursary team’s official Twitter page or call 011 638 9111 should there be any further questions regarding on Anglo American’s bursary programmes.