Fasset Bursaries 2018, A Set of Financial Support Opportunities for Aspiring Finance and Accounting Students
As a company that works in educating and training people, Fasset has set its major goal to provide high-quality education and training programmes for its stakeholders, mainly for South African people. Aside from learnership programme that will be discussed further in the next article, Fasset also brings in the bursary programme to help in financing South African citizens wishing to study in Fasset-based sectors.
Fasset develops internal financial and accounting-based policies as well as collaborating with the South African government from the sub-sectoral to national levels in developing the most recent policies, including in providing supports for finance and accounting-related matters. As a result of these developments, Fasset will be the “Sector of Career Choice” for future learners as noted by one of its objectives.
Fasset’s Bursary Programme’s Schemes and Requirements
Fasset’s fully-funded bursary supports are targeting future learners who want to obtain degrees from its partnering DHET-registered Universities and Universities of Technology. Over the last January 2018, Fasset has been working on the “Missing Middle” bursary parameters with its collaborating DHET-registered University and University of Technology partners to disburse bursary funds to its learners.
In the meantime, Fasset has developed on its NSFAS Loan Repayment Grant scheme. This loan repayment system will enable the selected learners to lower their university-related fee burdens to gain a qualification in full-time studies according to Fasset’s sectors needs and pay the loan once they have been working.
To satisfy Fasset’s bursary programme’s requirements, learner candidates should fulfil these criteria:
- Be a South African citizen either from birth or from before April 27, 1994, and reside in either the Western or Northern Cape
- Be currently a second- or third-year student in a three-year qualification on Fasset’s partnering Universities or Universities of Technology.
- Have a strong foundation of previous academic records.
- Intend to pursue one of these following Fasset’s scarce skills upon graduating:
- Accountants (CA or non-CA programmes)
- Internal and External Auditor
- Debt Collectors
- Finance Managers
- Management Consultants
- Financial Investment Advisors
- Office Administrators
- Be an African Black or Coloured Skin person
- Be a historically-disadvantaged person (will be given first priority)
In addition, Fasset’s bursary applicants should attach and bring these following supporting documents upon applying:
- Certified copies of ID Card
- Certified copies of all previously-obtained academic results from Matric or Grade 12 to the latest University (or University of Technology)’s record
- Written proof of the registration in the partnering University or the University of Technology on 2018
How to Apply for Fasset’s Bursary Programme
Applicants should first and foremost register by clicking the “Register” button on top of Fasset’s main bursary web page. After filling in all necessary information, they will be required to create their CV through Fasset’s CV Builder system and attach all of the aforementioned essential documents.
Opening and Closing Deadlines on 2018 for Fasset’s Bursary Programme
Fasset opens up new bursary programme opportunities every year, including on 2018. The opening and closing deadlines in this 2018 year can be viewed at Fasset’s main opportunity portal.
Fasset’s Bursary Programme-Related Contacts
Fasset’s bursary applicants should contact these following email, call centre, and telephone numbers should they have further questions regarding Fasset’s bursary programme:
- Email: [email protected]
- Call Centre: 086 101 0001
- Telephone Number: (011) 476 8570