AngloGold Ashanti Profile
AngloGold Ashanti is a mining establishment that has successfully created a strong impact on a global scale. Despite being an independent company, AngloGold Ashanti has managed to expand itself to a total of not one, not two, but four continents. With their list of projects and operations conducted in various nations, it is no surprised why AngloGold Ashanti is considered to be the globe’s third-larges gold mining establishment. Besides gold, the company has also delved their hands into scourging for other materials, such as silver in Argentina, and sulphuric acid in Brazil. All these materials will then be produced and manufactures up to their standards, which will then be utilized for further use. With the rates of production on their end, there is no stopping for this company any time in the future.
About AngloGold Ashanti Bursaries 2020-2021
AngloGold Ashanti is offering bursaries towards full-time university students in South Africa who are keen on receiving financial aid to support their studies. The AngloGold Ashanti Bursary is available to a variety of university courses in accredited universities. Whether you are chasing towards a full-time degree, or a diploma qualification, there is always something for everyone. Additionally, the bursary programme is open for external applicants, workes, and also dependents of employees who are pursuing their studies in any tertiary institution. Make sure you send in your applications way before the closing date to guarantee a spot!
The Anglo Gold Ashanti Bursaries are available for these following courses below:
- Metallurgy (extractive only)
- Mine Surveying
- Mining Engineering
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Chemical engineering (with minerals processing only)
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (Heavy current)
Non-Mining Specialist Courses:
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain
Successful awardees of the AngloGold Ashanti Bursaries will be entitled to a series of financial funding below:
- 100% coverage for tuition expenses as well as residence costs (if you are insisting on private accommodation, you will be given a residence allowance instead)
- Allowance to purchase prescribed study materials and cover any incidental personal expenses
- A fully-functioning laptop used for their freshman year of studies (1st year of university)
- The opportunity to partake in either vacation work or experiential training sessions
- Direct supervision from the staff of AngloGold Ashanti.
AngloGold Ashanti Bursary Requirements
The AngloGold Ashanti Bursary is open towards students who are enrolled in the aforementioned courses above. Additionally, there is an eligibility criteria that must be met by interested applicants. If you would like to guarantee a higher chance of succeeding, it is highly advisable that you have all of these qualifications below met:
The AngloGold Ashanti Bursary Requirements are as follows:
- Must be officially recognized as a citizen of South Afirca
- Must currently be below 35 years old
- Currently residing in either Matlosana, Merafog, and also within the major labour sending areas near Easter Cape
- Opportunities are available for children of AngloGold Ashanti’s company
- Currently holds either a National Senior Certificate or Grade 12 results slip
- University students who are applying for the bursary must send in their complete academic transcripts
- Applicants will be chosen based on the vision and missions of AngloGold Ashanti, which are stated within its Social and Labour Plans (SLP).
How to Apply AngloGold Ashanti Bursary 2020-2021
To apply for the AngloGold Ashanti Bursary, candidates must first check the availability status of the programme. To do this, please visit the AngloGold Career Portal. After you have confirmed that the bursary is currently up for grabs, you can immediately sign up for the the bursary directly on the Anglo Gold Ashanti Bursary Site. If you are unable to apply online, you may do so by e-mail instead. You will need to send an e-mail with “COMMUNITY BURSARY” on the Subject Line and send it to [email protected].
Applications forms must be filled in with complete and accurate information. Furthermore, there are a couple of documents that need to be included onto the application dossier as well, such as valid copies of:
- You official South African ID
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (with your entire career history)
- Your National Senior Certificate (or anything that is equivalent to that qualification) or your most recent Grade 12 results slips/university results slip (for university students)
- Letters from your respective school
- Statement of your accommodation (e.g. water and lights usage records)
- Candidates sending in any incomplete application dossiers will not be acknowledged by the bursary committee – this includes inserting all of the documentation that has been asked of
- If you are having troubles with your online applications, you are more than welcome to consult with the people at the AngloGold Ashanti Training and Development Centre in Merafong or Matlosana
- Announcements will only be made to candidates who have succeeded in their applications – if you have not heard back from the committee within a total period of 21 days, we regret to inform you that your applications has not been successful
- AngloGold Ashanti takes great importance in meeting the objectives that have been standardized in the MPRDA (Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act) and the Mining Charter
- AngloGold Ashanti dedicated themselves to the idea that “People are the business” – therefore, successful awardees are highly encouraged to pursue their studies before they seek for employment and sharpen their skills
- The number of opportunities offered by AngloGold Ashanti may vary depending on the current situations.
AngloGold Ashanti Contact Address
76 Rahima Moosa Street
Mail Address: –
Tel: + 27 11 637 6000
Source: AngloGold Ashanti; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: anglogoldashanti.com.