MAHLE Behr Profile
MAHLE Behr South Africa is an automotive establishment that is initially formed under the MAHLE Group based in Stuttgart, Germany. Considered to be the local subsidiary of BU3 under Thermal Management, MAHLE Behr South Africa currently has their headquarters based in Durban as well as Port Elizabeth. Since their formation in 1999, MAHLE Behr South Africa has been specializing in three primary sectors that prove great importance, which are intercompany, local original equipment, and aftermarket (OES and IAM.)
About MAHLE Behr – International Bursaries 2020-2021
MAHLE Behr South Africa is offering two (2) full-time international bursaries for Mechanical Engineering students who would like to pursue their studies in Germany. This once-in-a-lifetime bursary is a wonderful opportunity for students who are interested in studying at the famous Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, a German university that uses English as its main medium for education.
To participate in the Mahle Behr International Bursaries, selected applicants must participate in the mandatory Bridging Programme designed for all incoming International Students. This is a pre-requisite programme that is obligatory for students before they can begin with the first semester of their studies. Additionally, awardees must also take part in the internship programmes that are available during breaks. This internships will be conducted in some of the MAHLE Germany factories around the area.
The bursary provides coverage for tuition expenses, study materials, accommodation, daily meals, and a monthly allowance. As for transportation, awardees will be given an annual plane ticket back to South Africa. Plus, awardees will not just be given an opportunity to study overseas, but they will also be exposed to the real-time working environment and culture of an accredited automotive manufacturer. Successful students will be under the direct supervision of MAHLE Behr South Africa over the course of their studies in Germany.
MAHLE Behr – International Bursary Requirements
The Mahle Behr International Bursary is open towards selected individuals who are able to meet the programme’s requirements. There are a series of items that needs to be met in order to consider yourself eligible. All of these things below will determine whether you will be accepted by the bursary or not. Failure to have all of these fulfilled will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications.
The MAHLE Behr – International Bursary Requirements are as follows:
- Must have finished their 1st year in Mechanical Engineering (B. Sc.), proven by a valid copy of their 1st year results slip
- Must have finished their S3 Mechanical Engineering (for those pursuing a National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering), proven by a valid copy of these following results below:
- Specializing in the subject of Mathematics (German Universities are well known for their favoritism towards Mathematics)
- Must be officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa (preference will be provided towards black equity applicants to fulfill cultural exchange opportunities)
- Must be available and willing to be relocated in Port Elizabeth upon successful graduation of their studies.
- Willing to partake in German lessons
- Must be prepared to live away from South Africa for a total period of 4 years
- Has a strong passion towards the field of machinery, industry, and operations management
- Able to assess complex situations and solve them
- Be willing to participate and succeed in an environment made up of different cultures and individuals
- Must come back to South Africa after their studies to share their knowledge to locals
- Are strictly required to be employed by MAHLE Behr for a total period of 4 years after coming back to South Africa.
How to Apply MAHLE Behr – International Bursary 2020-2021
Applications for the MAHLE Behr International Bursary are conducted through e-mail. All interested candidates must send an e-mail to [email protected] for the attention to Training Manager. Do not forget to mention “Mahle: International Bursary (REF: International Bursary Programme)” as well. Should you come across any trouble in starting your applications, or have any general issues that you would like to address, be sure to direct your questions and concerns to any one of the contact information provided below.
MAHLE Behr Contact Address
MAHLE Behr South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
24 Otto Volek Road, New Germany
3610 Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Mail Address: –
Tel: +27 31 719 7600
Fax: +27 86 262 6483
Source: MAHLE Behr; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: mahle.com.