TETA (Transport Education and Training Authority) Profile
The Transport Education and Training Authority, or simply known as TETA, is an establishment that is formed as a means to constantly improve the transport sector through having a Sector Skills Plan (SSP). By implementing such plan, there are several opportunities and programmes that can be conducted as a means to improve the quality of the nation’s transportation sector. For example, under this Quality Assurance and Skills Development Framework, more learnerships and educational activities can be held within the transport department. By doing so, not only will it attract more individuals to involve themselves in TETA, but it also creates a better awareness of the establishment.
About TETA (Transport Education and Training Authority) Bursaries 2020
The Transport Education Training Authority is currently offering bursaries for well-deserving students who are interested in pursuing a future in the transport sector. These bursary schemes are granted on a yearly basis, and they are under the strict supervision of both the National Skills Development Plan as well as the Department of Higher Education and Training. The TETA Bursaries extends its arms to full-time students who are currently not employed by another establishment. Specifically, the TETA Bursaries are offered to students who are enrolled in either Accredited Aviation Schools, TVETs, Accredited Diving Schools, HETs. Incoming candidates must also show proof of having completed their Matric examinations as well (typically using a Senior Certificate).
The TETA Bursaries are offered to students who are currently pursuing their studies in any of these following courses:
- B Degree in Aeronautical Engineering
- Commercial Pilot License
- Night Rating
- (N4 – N6) or ND or B degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- National Diploma or B Degree in Road Transport Management
- Instrument Rating
- National Diploma or B degree in Transportation Management
- Commercial Divers, Class II, III and IV
- (N4 – N6) or National Diploma or B Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Instructor’s Rating
- National Diploma: Maritime Studies
- B Degree in Marine Engineering
- National Diploma or B degree in Logistics Management
- BCom in Aviation
- National Diploma, BTech or B Degree: Maritime or Nautical Studies
- National Diploma or B Degree in Supply Chain Management
- Degree: Maritime Law
- Frozen ATPL Subjects
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering: (Maritime)
- B degree in Transport Economics
Awardees of this bursary scheme usually originate from underprivileged groups, females, and people who are undergoing through disabilities. Furthermore, it is mainly targeted at South African individuals who are below 35 years old. Additionally, selected grantees usually come from certain groups that have been long-time target audiences of this bursary scheme, which includes:
- 275 Unemployed
- Commercial Divers
- Students from University of Technologies and TVET Colleges learners
- Trainee Pilots
The TETA Bursaries come with multiple financial benefits that will help to cover the costs of your education. Grantees will be awarded with funding to help cover their tuition expenses, campus accommodation costs, meals, and study materials. The funding that is provided is regulated under the TETA Direct Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model.
Should you require further information about the bursary scheme, you are more than welcome to check out the Official TETA Website for lists of guidelines, rules and regulations, as well as any documents. You can simply access all this information under the TETA Direct Bursary Learner Support.
TETA (Transport Education and Training Authority) Bursary Requirements
The TETA Bursary Scheme is only available for students who are able to comply to the eligibility criteria that has been set out by the programme. This is to ensure that only well-deserving students are granted the bursary scheme, and their funding will not be misused for other things. On top of having an astounding academic track record, there is a list of administrative qualifications that needs to be met. Find out more about the establishment behind this wonderful bursary scheme at the Official TETA Website.
The TETA Bursaries Requirements are as follows:
- Currently in Grade 12 or has finished their Matric examinations
- Willing to pursue any further qualifications within the transport sector
- Are any either of these students:
- Commercial Divers with a Matrix Qualification
- Aviation Students affiliated with PPL
- Has been enrolled or accepted in any Higher Learning Institutions (e.g. TVET Colleges)
- Planning to pursue one of the aforementioned courses that is catered by the bursary scheme
- Priority will be given out to students who are in their 2nd or 3rd year of their education
- Either 35 years old or younger than that
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- State their desired study course, the study duration, what year they are in, and how much are their school fees in their application forms
- Able to complete the application form and attach with with all of the necessary documents that are asked for.
How to Apply TETA (Transport Education and Training Authority) Bursary 2020
Applicants interested in signing up for the TETA Bursary Scheme must first visit the Official TETA Page to make sure that the bursary scheme is currently accepting applications at the moment. If they are open at the time of search, you may now proceed to download the Direct Learner Bursary Application Form. Once you have downloaded the application form, be sure to have it filled with only accurate and correct information. Candidates found to be falsifying any information on their application forms will be subject to immediate disqualification. Additionally, please be kindly informed that any incomplete application forms will not be accepted by the committee as well.
After your application form has been completed, it is time for submission. You can simply send your application post via Postal Carriage to Private Bag X10016, Randburg 2125. However, if you feel more comfortable submitting them through Hand Delivery, you may send them in to any of these TETA Offices below:
- No 344, Pretoria Avenue, Randburg (Attention: Juliet Manyoni: SD & LP Unit)
- KwaZulu Natal Office: Suite 1B/C/D, Ground Floor Strathway | Strathmore Park, 305 Musgrave Road | Musgrave | Durban | 4001, 031 301 9614 (Att: Mike Mzolo)
- Western Cape Office: W BHO House, Glen Roy Road, Pinelands 7430, 021 531 3064 (Att: Desmond Baardtman)
- Limpopo Office(s):
- Capricon College for FET, Senwabarwana Campus, Senwabarwana Main Road, Bochum, (Att: Thandazile Mabuya)
- Vhembe TVET College: Techniven, Makwarela Campus (Att: Phumudzo Muronga)
- Lephalale TVET College: C/o Nelson Mandela & Ngo ako Ramatlhodi Drive, Onverwacht, Lephalale, 0147632252 Ext 221 (Att: P haswane Lebogang Sewela).
Announcements will only be made to corresponding participants who have been accepted by the bursary programme. If you have not heard back from the committee with a time frame of 2 months, we regret to inform you that your application has been unaccepted by the committee. If you come across any troubles with your application procedure, do not hesitate to direct your questions and concerns to this provided hotline: +27 11 577 7093 / 7033 / 7018.
344 Pretoria Ave, Ferndale, Randburg, 2194, South Africa
Postal Address: –