FoodBev SETA Profile
The Food & Beverage Manufacturing Sector Education and Training Authority, shortened to FoodBev SETA, is an institution that is designed to assist young South African students in the Food & Beverage Manufacturing Sector. By providing the necessary training and facilitating all kinds of learning sessions that are to do with the sector, FoodBev SETA has more than enough credibility to help out young individuals in the country to sharpen their skill set even further. Regarded as one of the 21 SETAs (Sector Education and Training Authorities), FoodBev SETA is in line with the vision and missions that have been standardized by the National Skills Development Strategy.
About FoodBev SETA Bursaries 2020
FoodBev SETA is offering the chance for unemployed full-time students to pursue bursaries who are studying in university to chase their ambitions in the Food & Beverage industry. Allocated mainly towards students who are in their first year and postgraduate studies, selected grantees of the bursary will be entitled to a series of financial funding that will help cover their student-related expenses, such as prescribed study materials, accommodation costs, and meals.
The FoodBev SETA Bursaries are given out to students studying in any of these following courses below:
- BSc/B Tech Electronics Engineering
- B Bus Sc Marketing
- BSc/B Tech Mechanical Engineering
- Degree in Consumer Science
- BSc. Food Science / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology
- Diploma in Packaging Management
- Diploma in Electronics
- B Tech/Diploma in Production Management
- BSc Oenology
- B Tech/Diploma in Food Technology
- BSc/B Tech Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Environmental Health Science
- BCom / BCompt in Accounting / Finance
- B Compt
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Operation Management
- Diploma Electrical Engineering
Masters / PhD Degree (Research based and scarce skills based)
- BCom / BCompt Hons in Accounting / Finance
- BSc Hons. Mechanical Engineering
- Hons Degree in Environmental Health Science
- B Bus Sc Hons Marketing
- BTech in Operation Management
- Advanced Diploma: Labour Relations
- BSc Hons. Food Science / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology
- BTech Electrical Engineering
- BSc Hons. Electronics Engineering
- Hons / Masters: Industrial Psychology
- BTech in Production Management
- BSc Hons. Electrical Engineering
- Hons Degree in Consumer Science
- BTech in Packaging Management
- BSc Hons. Oneology
- BTech in Mechanical Engineering
- BTech in Food Technology
- BTech in Electronics
FoodBev SETA Bursary Requirements
The FoodBev SETA Bursary is open towards students who are able to meet all of the qualifications that are asked of the committee. This will ensure that the programme can filter out individuals who truly deserve the financial assistance for the academic pursuits, especially those that are in line with the food and beverage industry. Therefore, if you happen to meet all of the qualifications below, you ought to give this bursary a shot!
The FoodBev SETA Bursary Requirements are as follows:
- Must be a full-time university student with a research or project programme that has to do with the food and beverage department
- An astounding and remarkable academic track record
- Proof of requiring financial assistance
- Priority will be provided towards female students, underprivileged students, and students with disabilities
- Must not be involved with another bursary
- Must be able to complete the application form as well as provide all of the necessary documentation that is required.
How to Apply FoodBev SETA Bursary 2020
Interested in signing up for the FoodBev SETA Bursary? Then it’s time to begin your application procedure! First off, all students must fill in the application form that is available on the Official Foodbev SETA Website. After filling in the application form with all of your complete information, be sure to attach all of the supporting documents that are asked for by the committee. Please take note that incomplete application forms will not be considered at all.
Once you are done with your application dossiers, you can have them sent in through any one of these methods below:
- E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected] or
- Post: PO Box 245, Gallo Manor, 2052 or
- Hand Deliver: 13 Autumn Rd, Rivonia 2128.
All applications will be subject to the evaluation of the selected FoodBev SETA Committee, where all decisions are final. Should you encounter any troubles with your application, you may directly send in your inquiries and concerns to Maureen at+27 11 253 7300 or [email protected].
FoodBev SETA Contact Address
13 Autumn Street
P.O. Box 245, Gallo Manor, 2052
Tel: +27 11 253 7300
Fax: +27 11 253 7333
Email: [email protected]
Source: FoodBev SETA; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: foodbev.co.za.