BDO South Africa Services is a leading firm that is responsible for providing a series of accounting-based services, namely auditing, risk management, tax consulting, secretarial services, accounting, financial advisory. At the moment, BDO South Africa Services has garnered up an impressive list of clientele that transcends borders, which may typically range from different sectors and specializations, such as, technology, construction, manufacturing and distribution, real estate, natural resources, educational, media, telecom. With their leading presence on an worldwide basis, no matter what language you speak or which country you come from, BDO is able to understand your wants and needs on a personal level. As a firm that takes pride in responding to their clientele, establishing strong relationships, and has the resources to find solutions to your problems, BDO has become the public’s favorite. With a total of 1400 ambition-driven professionals working their way in a total of 7 offices in the nation of South Africa, BDO is making their way to the top of the domestic and the global food chain.
About BDO Bursaries 2020
BDO is offering bursary programmes to students who require tremendous financial assistance in order to pursue their dreams of achieving a Chartered Accountancy qualification. The BDO Bursaries are awarded not just solely on the basis of academic achievement, but also on the candidates’ need for immediate financial assistance to continue their studies. On top of that, the BDO Bursaries are granted towards individuals who maintain and perform well in all aspects of their day-to-day lives, proving that they are able to keep everything in balance and in check. Upon acceptance into the programme, all recipients will be obliged to take part in a legitimate training contract with one of their offices, in which they will have to carry out their employment there for three years upon graduating from university.
Successful awardees of the BDO Bursaries will be granted with either a full bursary or half bursary. However, it is to be expected that the BDO Bursaries may not cover all of the students’ expenses, and will typically cover certain expenses such as registration fees, tuition costs, and prescribed study materials. If you have any other external costs, you may need to cover that using your personal funding. Applications for the BDO Bursaries are accepted all throughout the entire year. However, due to the overwhelming popularity of this bursary, only selected candidates will be given announcements from the committee.
BDO Bursary Requirements
All incoming candidates of the BDO Bursary must first fulfill the eligibility criteria that has been set out by the programme. This is to ensure that only well-deserving students are able to receive the financial assistance that comes with the bursary. Each of these items below will play an important role whether you will get accepted by the committee or not. Failure to have these requirements met will ultimately affect the overall result of your applications.
The BDO Bursary Requirements are as follows:
- Candidates must not be attached with any other external firm that requires your to complete a training contract (typically from professional services firms)
- Candidates must not be receiving any other form of external financial assistance (either bursaries or scholarships) which requires you to fulfill any post-graduation employment responsibilities and duties
- Candidates have a keen interest in pursuing a Learners/Scholars qualification in Chartered Accountancy
- Candidates must have a long-time interest and commitment to the field of Chartered Accountancy, with key subjects in Auditing and Accounting
- Candidates must be enrolled in a university that comes with programmes that are SAICA accredited (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants’ on a Honours/CTA Level
- Has earned at least a “B” score for Maths Higher Grade
- Has earned at least a “B” score for English Higher Grade (1st/2nd language)
- Has earned an average aggregate of 70% or above for their Final Grade 12 results
- Has earned at least a 70% score for Accounts I
- Has earned at least a 70% score for Accounts II
- Has earned at least a 65% for Accounts III
- For 1st-2nd year students in university – must have an average aggregate of at least 70% or above
- For 3rd year students in university – must have an average aggregate of at least 65% or above
- Has completed their academic criteria (a minimum of 4 subjects).
How to Apply BDO Bursary 2020
If you’ve got all the requirements ticked off, then it’s time to sign up for the BDO Bursary! First off, all incoming candidates are obliged to the check the availbility status of the bursary programme at the BDO Job Search Portal. If the bursary is not available at the moment, don’t get your hopes down just yet. Be sure to check the website regularly to see for any updates on openings. However, if it is currently accepting applications at the moment, you can get a heard start with your application dossiers. All you have to do is submit in these following documents below to support your applications:
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 2 pages)
- Your complete academic track records (Matric qualification to most recent results)
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
Selected candidates of the BDO Bursary applications will be contacted to attend an interview, as well as several other psychometric assessments before the committee gives their final decision on your acceptance.
BDO Bursary Contact Address
Wanderers Office Park
52 Corlett Dr
Private Bag x60500
Tel: +27 11 488 1700
Email: [email protected]
Source: BDO Bursary; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: bdo.co.za.