Nestle is a worldwide global brand that has raked up a stunning reputation as a massive food and beverage company. With a total of 2000 brands under their belt, you may have recognized any one of Nestle’s brands in the world. Whether it’s in the aisles of supermarkets, or in the counters of your kitchens, it’s almost impossible to not encounter a Nestle product near your vicinity. Nestle has expanded their operations to approximately 191 nations around the globe, with the aim of enriching a better life of their consumers. By providing the ultimate satisfaction and delight, Nestle has high hopes in creating a solid reputation that is able to offer healthier lifestyles towards the public.
About Nestle Bursaries 2020-2021
The Nestle Bursaries are provided by the Nestle Future Talent Bursary Program as a means to fully support talented young individuals in South Africa through financial funding. Mainly allocated to underprivileged students in the country, the goal of this bursary is to provide assistance towards students who are pursuing their Degrees of Diplomas on a full-time basis. Candidates must be registered as official students in any South African university. On top of financial funding, bursars will be entitled to partake in vacation work and in-service training sessions. After the bursary programme, grantees will be eligible for Nestle’s Graduate Development Programme.
The Nestle Bursaries are provided for students who are attaining their education in any of these programmes below:
- Supply Chain Management
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Food Science/Technology
- Human Resources
- Technical and Production
- Health Science and Nutrition
- Finance and Control
Selected bursars must take not of the responsibilities and obligations that come along with the bursary programme:
- Must maintain a minimum average score of 65% during their initial year of their studies. In order to be eligible for the same bursary in the following year, they will have to submit in their scores. Their scores must meet the criteria that has been asked for by the NFT
- Should the candidate wish to discontinue their bursary, they will have to send in a written confirmation by the 1st September of every year
- Discontinued bursars are to pay back the committee the full amount of the bursary with the amount of funding that has been provided within a period of twenty four months.
Nestle Bursary Requirements
To apply for the Nestle Bursary, all incoming candidates must fulfill the required qualifications that have been asked of by the committee. Each of these items below will play a crucial role in determining whether you will be accepted into the bursary programme. Failure to meet all of these criteria below might result in disadvantageous consequences to the overall result of your applications. Therefore, be sure to have all of these items fulfilled.
The Nestle Bursary Requirements are as follows:
- Must be an official citizen or permanent resident of South Africa
- Must be within 17-35 years old
- Must obtain a Senior Certificate with at least a “C” score (60 – 69%) in the key subjects of Mathematics, Accounting, and Science
- Become a registered full-time student in any accredited tertiary institution of their desire
- Bursars will be eligible for the programme’s financial funding on an undergraduate studies basis with a duration depending on the course of their qualificaiton
- All of the fields of studies supported by this bursary programme are chosen by the Learning and Development Management department, based on an yearly basis by looking at the current needs and demands of the local business
- Must be knowledgeable in the used of Computer and Microsoft Office
- Display highly competent communication capabilities and has astounding analytical abilities.
How to Apply Nestle Bursary 2020-2021
Interested candidates can immediately visit the Nestle Job Portal or Nestle Career Site to check the the availability status of the Nestle Bursary. After making sure that the bursary programme is available for applications at the moment, candidates may directly download the Official Application Form. However, if the bursary is not open for applications at the time of search, no need to fret. Simply come back anytime in the future to check for openings updates.
After downloading your application form, be sure to have it completed with only accurate information that is required by the form. Should any application form not be fully-answered or be given inaccurate information, the application form will not be regarded by the committee and the candidate is disqualified from the application procedure. On top of having your application form, candidates must also submit in a few important documents to support their application dossiers, such as:
- A valid tax invoice/quotation with information of the candidate’s expenses for courses
- A valid tax invoice/quotation obtained from the bookshop for their prescribed study materials
- A valid proof of admission into a specific tertiary institution
- Banking details of the institution (complete with their respective letter head)
- A valid copy of the candidate’s Identity Document
- A valid copy of the candidate’s most recent academic result slips (Grade 12 candidates are to provide their most recent result slips instead).
Once you have your application dossiers completed, be sure to have them submitted to this provided e-mail address: [email protected]. Selected grantees who have received their bursaries in their prior year, they are obliged to send in a full transcript of their academic results. Further, candidates are to make their registration payment before they apply for the bursary. Selected candidates will automatically have their registration fees reimbursed.
Nestle Contact Address
Anslow Office Park
8 Anslow Crescent
P.O. Box 50616
Tel: +27 11 514 6000
Email: [email protected]
Source: Nestle; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: nestle-esar.com.