KAS (Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung) Profile
The Konrad-Adenauer Stiftung, commonly shortened to as KAS, is an establishment that was formed on political grounds under the association and supervision of the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU). True to its name, the co-founding father of this establishment, Konrad Adenauer, is responsible for the formation of the establishment. As the first Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, Konrad initiated this establishment on the grounds of traditions rooted in Christian-socialism, conservatism, and liberalism. Symbolizing the re-development of Germany, KAS has high ambitions in shaping the values of the country and its role within the nation’s social market economy.
About KAS (Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung) Scholarships 2020-2021
KAS is providing generous scholarship programmes for Master degree students who wants to continue their studies in the University of the Witwatersrand, situated in Braamfontein. Conducted by SAIIA, this scholarship is mainly allocated for students who are pursuing their degree in either Economics, International Relations, Journalism, Law, or Political Science. It is highly encouraged that candidates have a foundation in the subjects of Economics or Development Economics in order to sign up for this scholarship programme.
On top of pursuing their respective education, candidates must also be working at SAIIA during the same time as well. This scholarship runs on an annual basis, starting from February and ending on November. Selected candidate will be awarded with a full-time scholarships that provides coverage for their tuition expenses, as well as a monthly allowance for their living and accommodation costs.
The KAS Scholarships enables selected students to become full-fledged scholars. Under the direct supervision of well-educated mentors, students will have their research skills set shaped onto a more professional level. By partaking in a series of activities, students ware given the opportunity to master their methodological, writing, and research capabilities. This means students ware required to partake in the following activities below:
- Create and co-publish any form of newspaper articles that have to do with the works of SAIIA and their specializations
- Write up valid articles that are approved by SAIIA publications
- Hone their capabilities in the art of presentation and organization.
KAS (Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung) Scholarship Requirements
Interested applicants of the KAS Scholarship must fulfille an eligibility criteria in order to be qualified for the programme. Each of these items below will determine whether your applications for the KAS Scholarship is successful or not. Failure to meet these qualifications below will result in disadvantageous consequences towards your overall application results. Therefore, be sure to have all of these items met below:
The KAS Scholarship Requirements are as follows:
- Fulfill all of the entry requirements listed on their chosen Master’s Degree at the University of the Witwatersrand
- Must maintain at least an average aggregate score of 65% for their studies
- Should not be above 30-years-old.
How to Apply KAS (Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung) Scholarship 2020-2021
Applications for the KAS Scholarship can be submitted through e-mail or postal carriage. However, candidates will need to prepare an application dossier beforehand. This dossier must include all of these following things below:
- An elaborate letter of motivation that explains your research interests and how you will benefit from this scholarship in the future
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae with complete and accurate information
- Two legitimate references (written, complete with full names, addresses, and phone numbers that can be contacted)
- Honours degree academic transcript dating back from June and from other degrees prior to your current educaiton
- Any example written work that does not go above the 2500-word limit.
After you have compiled your application dossiers, make sure you have them sent to any one of these submission areas below:
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal Carriage: Mrs Khetiwe Chitambira-Mude, The South African Institute of International Affairs, P.O. Box 31596, Braamfontein 2017
xxx Contact Address
60 Hume Road, Dunkeld, Randburg, Johannesburg, 2196, South Africa
P.O. Box 55012 Northlands 2116
Tel: +27 11 214 2900
Fax: +27 11 214 2913
Email: [email protected]
Source: KAS; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Picture: kas.de.